On behalf of the Resource Specialist Program (RSP) instructional team, we extend a warm welcome to all parents of Santee resource students, inviting them on Back-to-School Night to visit the RSP Learning Center, located in Room 110, to learn more about our high quality instructional support resources, supports and services, all of which are designed to meet our students’ individualized learning needs.
Situated in a print-rich, colorful and student-friendly setting, our RSP Learning Center, the center of our operations, now offers:
• Student access to computer stations and study areas;
• Web-based reading intervention programs such as Reading Plus and Achieve 3000.
• Reading and math core curriculum access instructional support through the Reading Rewards and Algebra Rescue programs;
• Core area skill-building activities through The 6 Minute Solution and Practicing Basic Math Skills in Algebra serics;
• Ongoing student progress monitoring using curriculum-based measurements;
• Student behavior management support and intervention related to students’ Behavior Support Plans;
• Comprehensive student assessment for three-year and re-evaluation IEPs, as specified in individualized assessment plans;
• A quiet space for students taking course-based tests and quizzes.
• A student library of high-interest texts covering the core content area subjects;
• Conference space for holding IEP meetings, as well as informal and collaborative meetings between educators and parents; and
• A gallery to showcase the art work and multi-disciplinary talents of our students.
Please join us on Back-to-School Night, as we discuss our program and resources, answer your questions, seek your input and feedback, and begin the process of active and productive collaborative engagement amongst educators, parents and students.