- Career Cruising – This is a great site for college exploration, also. Take the Matchmaker test to get a list of careers. Be sure to answer more questions after the first round of 39, because you will get better suggestions. Once you find a career, click on it and use the Education link on the left side of the page to find colleges that will prepare you for that career! Make a portfolio if you want to save your results.
- California Career Zone – This site has 3 career assessments! Especially recommended is the Interest Profiler, which has 180 questions. Be sure to create an account so that you can save your results.
- Reality Check – Want that mansion by the ocean and a Porsche in the driveway? You’re going to have to pay for it. See how your desired lifestyle fits with various careers. (Hint: You might have to pursue a challenging career in order to get that luxurious lifestyle you want!) Explore the careers that earn the money you want, and then get the education you need to make it happen!
- My Next Move – Career guidance from the federal government!
- O*NET – Another site maintained by the federal government. Search by demand (high growth jobs), amount of preparation necessary, green jobs, job families/clusters, and more! There’s a lot of exploring to do on this web site!
- Career Information en Español, provided by the U.S. Dept. of Labor!
- CollegeBoard’s MyRoad – This premium service is open to all students who took the PSAT, which should be everyone at Santee! This career and college planning tool is definitely recommended!!
- ExploreHealthCareers.org – There are many different career fields available within the health sciences! This site will help you find the best match for you. You can search for health fields based on the amount of time you are willing to spend in college as well as the salary you would like.
- HealthJobsStartHere.com – Another excellent web site that will help you explore careers in the health sciences. It’s tailored especially for California!
- High-paying Careers – Money should not be the first consideration when choosing a career (what good is money if you’re miserable?!). However, you do have to pay the bills! Here are some 4-year (Bachelor's) degrees that will help you earn more money.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Careers – Resources for students interested in STEM careers!
- The Futures Channel – Videos about many different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Careers. You are guaranteed to find fun careers that you’ve never thought about before!
- Engineer Girl – This is an inspiring site for young women considering engineering careers. Engineers have excellent employment and salary opportunities, so check it out!
Career Day is a show that airs on Channel 5, KTLA, every Saturday at 1 p.m. It helps teens learn about possible careers and how to prepare for them.